Colourful england

A fool's attempt to capture the beauty of nature with a canon 450d, a bag of Sigma lenses and too little talent.

Sunday 19 October 2008

Steps down to harbour at St Ives


Hi All

I thought I'd start this blog to keep track of my favourite images and where they were taken.

First off:


This was taken just before dawn in the harbour of St Ives, Cornwall.  I was in bed and noticed some orange light coming through the curtains, and realised that I was going to have to get up and go outside because the sunrise was going to be too nice to miss.  Ten minutes later I was standing in the shallow water on some steps leading down into the harbour, setting up my tripod whilst getting odd looks from fishermen and bakery staff.

Still... worth it I hope.  This is a HDR shot, created from three bracketed images two stops apart, created using Photomatix.  Hope you like it!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home